Warning issued about air and water quality following toxic fire at Melbourne factory.

Residents in Melbourne’s west have been advised to avoid the area around a toxic factory fire affecting air and water quality. The large fire, sparked by a significant chemical explosion at a factory on Swann Drive in Derrimut around 11:20 am yesterday, continues to burn. The fire was brought under control at 3:32 pm after 180 firefighters and more than 50 trucks responded to the “seventh alarm” fire. Police confirmed no injuries were reported, as everyone in the warehouse and nearby properties were safely evacuated. Residents in Derrimut and Laverton North have been told to keep their windows closed due to toxic smoke, though this advice may change as the wind shifts this morning. People are also warned to avoid contact with water from Cherry Creek, Anderson’s Swamp, and Kayes Drain, which have been contaminated by runoff.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours